The Rentista Visa is a type of temporary residence permit available in Costa Rica that is intended for individuals who receive a regular income from sources outside of Costa Rica, such as investments, pensions, or rental properties. The Rentista Visa is valid for one year and can be renewed for an additional two years.
To be eligible for the Rentista Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a valid passport.
- You must have a steady income from sources outside of Costa Rica that is sufficient to support yourself while in the country.
- You must have health insurance coverage.
- You must have a place to stay in Costa Rica.
If you are a digital nomad and you meet these requirements, you may be able to apply for the Rentista Visa to visit or reside in Costa Rica. However, it is important to note that the Rentista Visa does not allow you to work in Costa Rica, and you will not be able to receive any income from sources within the country.
If you are interested in applying for the Rentista Visa, it is recommended to contact the Dirección General de Migración y Extranjería (DGME) or the Costa Rican embassy or consulate in your home country for more information on the specific requirements and procedures.