Eating Out in Bermuda: Recommendations for Every Meal
Bermuda is a beautiful island destination known for its stunning beaches, vibrant culture, and delicious food. Whether you’re a visitor or a local, exploring the diverse culinary scene is a must-do experience. From traditional Bermudian dishes to international cuisines, there is something to satisfy every palate. Here are some top recommendations for every meal in Bermuda.
Start your day off right with a hearty breakfast at one of Bermuda’s charming cafes or restaurants. Here are a few places to consider:
- The Village Pantry: This cozy café offers a range of breakfast options, from classic bacon and eggs to fluffy pancakes. Don’t miss their freshly brewed coffee and homemade pastries.
- The Docksider Pub & Restaurant: Located in Hamilton, this waterfront establishment serves a delicious breakfast buffet with both hot and cold options. Enjoy the stunning views while savoring your morning meal.
- Café Lido: Situated on Elbow Beach, Café Lido offers a delightful breakfast menu featuring local favorites like codfish and potatoes. The beachfront setting adds to the overall experience.
When it comes to lunch, Bermuda has numerous options ranging from casual eateries to upscale restaurants. Here are a few recommendations:
- The Pickled Onion: Located in Hamilton, The Pickled Onion is known for its delicious lunch menu. Try their signature Bermuda fish sandwich or opt for a refreshing salad.
- The Swizzle Inn: A Bermuda institution, The Swizzle Inn is a great place to enjoy a leisurely lunch. Indulge in their famous fish chowder or try their tasty burgers.
- The Frog & Onion Pub: Situated in the historic Royal Naval Dockyard, The Frog & Onion Pub offers a unique dining experience. Enjoy traditional pub fare with a Bermudian twist.
Indulge in the British tradition of afternoon tea at one of Bermuda’s elegant tea houses or hotels. Here are a few places to consider:
- The Hamilton Princess & Beach Club: This iconic hotel offers a luxurious afternoon tea experience. Sip on a variety of teas and savor delicious pastries and finger sandwiches.
- The Rosewood Bermuda: Located in Tucker’s Town, The Rosewood Bermuda provides a picturesque setting for afternoon tea. Enjoy stunning views of the ocean while indulging in delectable treats.
- The Bermuda Perfumery: This unique tea house in St. George’s offers a delightful selection of teas paired with homemade pastries. Take a tour of the perfumery after enjoying your tea.
For a memorable dinner experience, Bermuda offers a diverse range of restaurants serving various cuisines. Here are a few recommendations:
- Waterlot Inn: Located at the Fairmont Southampton, Waterlot Inn is a renowned steakhouse offering prime cuts of meat. Enjoy a romantic waterfront setting while savoring their delicious dishes.
- The Dining Room at Gibb’s Hill Lighthouse: Situated at the top of Gibb’s Hill Lighthouse, this restaurant provides breathtaking views and a menu featuring fresh seafood and international flavors.
- Blu Bar & Grill: Nestled in Warwick, Blu Bar & Grill is a waterfront restaurant specializing in seafood. Try their famous fish tacos or indulge in their succulent lobster dishes.
If you’re out late and in need of a bite to eat, Bermuda has a few spots that cater to late-night cravings. Here are some recommendations:
- The Spot: Located in Hamilton, The Spot is a popular late-night eatery offering a diverse menu. From burgers to sushi, you’ll find something to satisfy your hunger.
- Art Mel’s Spicy Dicy: This roadside food truck in St. George’s is a local favorite for late-night bites. Try their famous fish sandwich or sample their flavorful jerk chicken.
- Flanagan’s Irish Pub: Situated in Hamilton, Flanagan’s Irish Pub is open late and serves a range of pub grub favorites. Enjoy a pint of Guinness along with your meal.
Vegetarian and Vegan Options
For those seeking vegetarian or vegan options, Bermuda has a growing number of restaurants catering to plant-based diets. Here are a few recommendations:
- The Greenhouse: Located in Hamilton, The Greenhouse offers a variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes made with locally sourced ingredients. Don’t miss their flavorful plant-based burgers.
- Wild Herbs & Plants of Bermuda: This unique eatery in St. George’s focuses on wild and foraged ingredients. They offer a range of vegetarian and vegan options inspired by Bermuda’s natural bounty.
- The Village Pantry: Alongside their regular menu, The Village Pantry also offers a selection of vegetarian and vegan dishes. Enjoy their fresh salads and plant-based breakfast options.
Being an island, Bermuda is known for its fresh and delicious seafood. Don’t miss the opportunity to try some local seafood specialties. Here are a few recommendations:
- Wahoo’s Bistro & Patio: Located in St. George’s, Wahoo’s Bistro & Patio is a popular spot for seafood lovers. Try their famous fish chowder or indulge in their grilled wahoo.
- The Lobster Pot: Situated in Hamilton, The Lobster Pot is a seafood restaurant offering a wide variety of dishes. From lobster bisque to seafood platters, there’s something for everyone.
- Harry’s Restaurant & Bar: This waterfront restaurant in Hamilton serves a range of seafood delights. Don’t miss their fresh catch of the day or their mouthwatering sushi rolls.
Bermuda’s culinary scene is not limited to local dishes. You’ll find a wide range of international cuisines to satisfy your taste buds. Here are a few recommendations:
- Bolero Brasserie: Located in Hamilton, Bolero Brasserie offers a fusion of European and Mediterranean flavors. Try their paella or indulge in their homemade pasta dishes.
- Yashi Sushi Bar: Situated in Paget, Yashi Sushi Bar is a great place to satisfy your sushi cravings. Enjoy their fresh and creative sushi rolls, along with other Japanese specialties.
- Little Venice: This Italian restaurant in Hamilton has been serving authentic Italian cuisine for over 40 years. From homemade pasta to wood-fired pizzas, it’s a must-visit for Italian food lovers.