Eating Out in Panama: Recommendations for Every Meal
Panama offers a vibrant culinary scene that is sure to satisfy any food lover. From traditional Panamanian dishes to international cuisines, there is something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a fine dining experience, Panama has it all. In this article, we will explore recommendations for every meal in Panama, including breakfast, brunch, lunch, snacks, dinner, and desserts.
Start your day in Panama with a delicious breakfast to fuel your adventures. Here are some top recommendations:
- San Francisco Bistro: Located in Panama City, this charming bistro offers a variety of breakfast options, from classic eggs and bacon to mouthwatering pancakes and French toast.
- Café Unido: With several locations across Panama, Café Unido is a popular spot for coffee lovers. Their breakfast menu includes a range of options, such as avocado toast, granola bowls, and breakfast sandwiches.
- La Vespa Panadería y Pastelería: If you have a sweet tooth, head to La Vespa Panadería y Pastelería. This bakery offers an array of freshly baked pastries and bread, including croissants, muffins, and cinnamon rolls.
San Francisco Bistro serves freshly brewed coffee, and their friendly staff will ensure you have a great start to your day.
Pair your breakfast with their specialty coffee for a perfect morning treat.
Enjoy your breakfast with a cup of their aromatic coffee or a refreshing juice.
For a leisurely mid-morning meal, brunch in Panama is a must-try experience. Here are some brunch spots you shouldn’t miss:
- Market at Hotel Las Clementinas: Located in Casco Viejo, this trendy market offers a variety of brunch options. From fresh fruit bowls and yogurt parfaits to savory omelets and sandwiches, there’s something for everyone.
- Caliope: Situated in Panama City, Caliope is a popular brunch spot known for its Mediterranean-inspired dishes. Their brunch menu features favorites like shakshuka, eggs Benedict, and fluffy pancakes.
- Magnolia Inn: This boutique hotel in Casco Viejo offers a delightful brunch experience. Indulge in their homemade waffles, quiches, and freshly baked goods.
Enjoy your brunch in the charming courtyard of Hotel Las Clementinas.
Pair your meal with a refreshing mimosa or a freshly squeezed juice.
Don’t forget to try their signature Bloody Mary for a unique twist.
When it comes to lunch, Panama has a wide range of options to satisfy your cravings. Here are some recommendations:
- El Trapiche: This traditional Panamanian restaurant in Panama City serves hearty lunch dishes. Try their famous sancocho, a traditional chicken soup, or their delicious arroz con pollo, a flavorful chicken and rice dish.
- Maito: For a unique gastronomic experience, head to Maito. This renowned restaurant combines Panamanian ingredients with international flavors. Their lunch menu includes dishes like ceviche, octopus, and pork belly.
- Los Años Locos: Located in Casco Viejo, Los Años Locos offers a diverse menu with options ranging from burgers and tacos to seafood and salads. Their lunch specials are a great value for money.
El Trapiche offers a taste of authentic Panamanian cuisine.
Enjoy the vibrant atmosphere and innovative culinary creations at Maito.
Don’t miss their refreshing cocktails to complement your meal.
If you’re feeling peckish between meals, Panama has plenty of snack options to keep you energized. Here are some tasty treats to try:
- Panamanian Empanadas: These savory pastries are a popular snack in Panama. They are filled with various ingredients such as ground beef, cheese, or chicken, and then deep-fried to perfection.
- Ceviche: Made with fresh seafood marinated in citrus juices, ceviche is a refreshing and tangy snack. Look for cevicherias or seafood stalls for the best ceviche in Panama.
- Raspados: Beat the heat with a refreshing raspado, a shaved ice treat topped with flavored syrups. Popular flavors include tamarind, mango, and coconut.
Grab a few empanadas from a local street vendor and savor the flavors.
Enjoy it with a side of crispy plantain chips.
Look for raspado stands in Panama’s bustling markets or near popular tourist spots.
For a memorable dinner experience, Panama offers a diverse range of culinary delights. Here are some dinner recommendations:
- Intimo: Located in Casco Viejo, Intimo is a hidden gem known for its intimate atmosphere and innovative cuisine. Their ever-changing menu showcases the best of Panamanian ingredients prepared with a modern twist.
- Donde José: This exclusive dining experience in Panama City takes you on a culinary adventure. Donde José offers a tasting menu featuring unique flavors and ingredients sourced from local farmers and fishermen.
- Market Restaurant & Bar: Situated in Panama City, Market Restaurant & Bar offers a fusion of international flavors. Their dinner menu includes dishes like grilled meats, seafood, and vegetarian options.
Indulge in a gastronomic journey at Intimo.
Make sure to book in advance for this extraordinary dining experience.
Pair your meal with a carefully curated wine from their extensive selection.
End your culinary journey in Panama with some delectable desserts. Here are some sweet treats to satisfy your sweet tooth:
- Nitro Lab: This trendy dessert shop in Panama City specializes in liquid nitrogen ice cream. Watch as your ice cream is made right in front of you, creating a unique and creamy treat.
- La Michoacana: Known for its delicious ice cream and popsicles, La Michoacana is a popular spot for dessert lovers. Try their exotic fruit flavors or indulge in classic options like chocolate and vanilla.
- El Corte de Don Juan: This traditional Panamanian restaurant also offers mouthwatering desserts. Don’t miss their tres leches cake, a moist sponge cake soaked in three types of milk.
Choose from a variety of flavors and toppings to create your perfect dessert.
Take a leisurely stroll while enjoying your ice cream along Panama’s picturesque waterfront.
Savor the rich flavors and sweet indulgence at El Corte de Don Juan.
Panama Image 1:
Panama Image 2:
Panama Image 3:
– San Francisco Bistro: www.sanfranciscobistro.com
– Café Unido: www.cafeunido.com
– La Vespa Panadería y Pastelería: www.lavespa.com
– Market at Hotel Las Clementinas: www.lasclementinas.com
– Caliope: www.caliope.com
– Magnolia Inn: www.magnoliainnpanama.com
– El Trapiche: www.eltrapiche.com
– Maito: www.maitopanama.com
– Los Años Locos: www.losanoslocos.com
– Nitro Lab: www.nitrolabpanama.com
– La Michoacana: www.lamichoacana.com
– El Corte de Don Juan: www.elcortededonjuan.com