Networking in Iceland: Where to Meet Fellow Digital Nomads
Iceland is a country known for its breathtaking landscapes, vibrant culture, and unique opportunities for digital nomads. If you’re a digital nomad looking to connect with like-minded individuals while exploring this beautiful country, you’re in luck! Iceland offers several networking opportunities and locations where you can meet fellow digital nomads. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best places to network in Iceland and connect with other remote workers.
Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland, is the hub for digital nomads and remote workers. This vibrant city offers numerous coworking spaces, cafes, and networking events where you can meet fellow digital nomads. Here are some popular places to network in Reykjavik:
- Startup Reykjavik: Located in the heart of Reykjavik, Startup Reykjavik is a startup accelerator that hosts various events and workshops for entrepreneurs and digital nomads. It’s a great place to meet like-minded individuals and network with professionals in the startup scene.
- Kaffitár: This popular coffee shop in Reykjavik is a favorite among digital nomads. With its cozy atmosphere and free Wi-Fi, Kaffitár is a great place to work remotely and connect with other remote workers.
- GreenHouse: GreenHouse is a coworking space in Reykjavik that offers a collaborative environment for digital nomads. It organizes networking events and workshops, providing opportunities to meet and connect with other professionals.
Akureyri, located in northern Iceland, is another great place to network with digital nomads. Despite being a smaller city, Akureyri offers a thriving community of remote workers and entrepreneurs. Here are some networking opportunities in Akureyri:
- Old Town Pub: This cozy pub in Akureyri hosts regular networking events for digital nomads and remote workers. It’s a relaxed environment where you can enjoy a drink while connecting with like-minded individuals.
- Borgarleikhúsið: Borgarleikhúsið is a theater in Akureyri that often hosts cultural events and performances. Attending these events can be a great way to meet locals and fellow digital nomads who share an interest in the arts.
- Bláa Kannan: Bláa Kannan is a popular café in Akureyri that attracts both locals and tourists. It’s a great place to work remotely and strike up conversations with other remote workers.
Vestmannaeyjar, also known as the Westman Islands, is a hidden gem for digital nomads seeking a unique networking experience. This archipelago off the south coast of Iceland offers stunning landscapes and a close-knit community. Here are some networking opportunities in Vestmannaeyjar:
- Eldheimar Museum: Eldheimar Museum is dedicated to the volcanic eruption that occurred on Heimaey, the largest island in Vestmannaeyjar, in 1973. Visiting the museum and attending events hosted there can provide opportunities to connect with locals and fellow travelers.
- Slippurinn: Slippurinn is a renowned restaurant in Vestmannaeyjar that serves delicious Icelandic cuisine. It’s a popular spot for both locals and tourists, making it a great place to strike up conversations and network with fellow food enthusiasts.
- Herjólfur Ferry: Taking a ferry ride from the mainland to Vestmannaeyjar is an exciting experience in itself. During the journey, you can meet other travelers and digital nomads who are exploring the archipelago.
Selfoss, located in southern Iceland, offers a peaceful environment for digital nomads looking to network and connect with nature. Here are some networking opportunities in Selfoss:
- Selfoss Library: The Selfoss Library is not only a great place to work remotely, but it also hosts various community events and workshops. Attending these events can provide opportunities to meet locals and fellow digital nomads.
- Tryggvaskáli: Tryggvaskáli is a popular restaurant in Selfoss that focuses on Icelandic cuisine. It’s a great place to enjoy a meal while connecting with locals and other travelers.
- Ölfusá River: The Ölfusá River is a beautiful spot for outdoor activities such as fishing and hiking. Engaging in these activities can lead to chance encounters with fellow nature enthusiasts and remote workers.
Húsavík, located in northern Iceland, is known as the whale-watching capital of Europe. This charming town offers unique networking opportunities for digital nomads. Here are some places to network in Húsavík:
- Húsavík Whale Museum: The Húsavík Whale Museum provides insights into the world of whales and marine life. Attending events and exhibitions at the museum can lead to connections with fellow nature enthusiasts and digital nomads.
- Naustið: Naustið is a popular restaurant in Húsavík that serves fresh seafood. It’s a great place to enjoy a meal while striking up conversations with locals and fellow travelers.
- Húsavík Harbor: The harbor in Húsavík is where most whale-watching tours depart from. While waiting for your tour, you can connect with other travelers and digital nomads who share a passion for marine life.
Iceland offers a wide range of opportunities for digital nomads to network and connect with other remote workers. Whether you’re in Reykjavik, Akureyri, Vestmannaeyjar, Selfoss, or Húsavík, you’ll find coworking spaces, cafes, and events that cater to the digital nomad community. By exploring these networking opportunities, you can make meaningful connections, share experiences, and collaborate with fellow digital nomads in the stunning landscapes of Iceland.
– Startup Reykjavik: startupreykjavik.com
– Kaffitár: kaffitar.is
– GreenHouse: greenhouse.is
– Old Town Pub: oldtown.is
– Borgarleikhúsið: borgarleikhus.is
– Bláa Kannan: blaa-kannan.is
– Eldheimar Museum: eldheimar.is
– Slippurinn: slippurinn.is
– Selfoss Library: selfoss.is/bokasafn
– Tryggvaskáli: tryggvaskali.is
– Ölfusá River: visitreykjanes.is
– Húsavík Whale Museum: husmus.is
– Naustið: naustid.is
– Húsavík Harbor: visithusavik.com